O.C. Tanner: our company at a glance
O.C. Tanner develops employee recognition strategies and rewards programs that help companies appreciate people who do great work.
Print fast facts
- Founded in 1927, privately held
- As Chair of the Board, Carolyn Tanner Irish leads and carries on the legacy of her father, Obert C. Tanner.
- With headquarters in Salt Lake City, Utah USA; Burlington, Ontario Canada; Loughton, Essex United Kingdom, and Mumbai, India; O.C. Tanner offices can be found in Frankfurt, Mexico City, Hong Kong, Shanghai, Singapore, and Tokyo
- 8,000 clients in 150 countries
- Serving 23 Fortune 100 companies including Abbott Laboratories, Caterpillar Inc., and Chevron
- 1,500+ employees hailing from 56 countries of national origin
- Award partnerships with over 400 brands
- 4.2 million awards delivered to 19 million users worldwide
- 16,000 selections in our award collection; on time delivery of 99%
“We help organizations appreciate people who do great work. Because celebrating great work inspires people to invent, to create, to discover. And when people are inspired, companies grow.”
We will lead the recognition industry in researching and sharing insights around the universal human need to create value and be appreciated. We will apply these insights and serve our clients in ways that grow their people, their brands, and their bottom lines by aligning multiple programs into strategic global appreciation solutions tailored to their individual cultures.
- O.C. Tanner was the first to market with online recognition programs, beginning with Apple in 1995.
- A global recognition study with Towers Watson of 200,000 managers and employees was the basis of O.C. Tanner’s New York Times bestseller The Carrot Principle.
- The New York Times bestseller, Great Work: How to Make a Difference People Love by David Sturt and the O.C. Tanner Institute features insights from the largest study of award-winning work.
- SaaS-based technologies support O.C. Tanner’s social appreciation tools that help clients globally celebrate 100 recognition moments a minute, every minute of the day.
- Yearbook, O.C. Tanner’s latest print and web innovation, creates a personalized, year-specific keepsake to celebrate service anniversaries.
- Founders of the annual Executive Recognition Summit attended by senior executives around the world to share industry best practices and recognition breakthroughs
- The Tanner Lectures on Human Values, an endowed lectureship at Oxford, Cambridge, Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, Yale, and the Universities of Utah, Michigan, and California, was established by Obert C. Tanner to “contribute to the intellectual and moral life of mankind.”
1930 S. State Street
Salt Lake City, UT 84115
United States of America
4200 Fairview Street
Burlington, Ontario L7L4Y8
FAX (905) 639-7027