O.C. Tanner helps companies grow. Yet for growth to be sustainable, we believe we have to do all we can to minimize our impact on the environment. So we have a feisty green environmental management program to monitor our efforts to minimize air and water pollution, reduce hazardous waste and increase recycling. And we strive to inspire others to live green by seeking environmentally sound partnerships with our vendors.
O.C. Tanner has reduced Volatile Organic Compounds by over 89.9% in the past four years and virtually eliminated particulate matter and hazardous air pollutants.
It’s working. Here’s our environmental commitment:
REDUCE: Do not create waste
- 92.5% reduction in toxic trash
- 5.52 tons less air pollution
- 89.9% reduced VOC emissions
- 88% less waste water down the drain
- 53% lower kilowatt usage thanks to changing 980 light fixtures to new energy-saving lights
- 100% elimination of extremely hazardous chemicals
- 11,500,000 sheets of paper saved
- Recycling programs (see below)
REUSE: Find a second life for materials we no longer use
- 5 tons of sand per year saved by re-using it in our blasting process
- Repair and refurbish of damaged products, offered at a discount in our outlet store
- Donation of lacquers no longer used on our finish line to a woodworking shop
- Donation of used computers to local public elementary schools
- Donation of furniture to colleges and non-profit charity groups
- Donation of wax and enamels to multiple jeweler organizations
RECYCLE: Everything we can
- Paper, cardboard, pallets, plastic, batteries, used containers and drums, brass, steel, cast iron, aluminum, EDM wire, tool steel, oils, antifreeze and coolant, flammable liquids, E-waste and glass.
- We recycle kitchen grease into bio-diesel.
REFINE: Continuously improve our ability to refine precious metals
- Use our own refined raw materials to re-fabricate precious metal alloys. This allows us to reduce our dependency on natural resources and lower gold stock inventory levels by 65%.