Volunteers, fund-raisers, charitable givers—it’s who we are
Every month, our founder Obert C. Tanner, measured the company’s success by asking his accountant, “What’s our giveability?” It’s a spirit echoing in our hearts and halls today. It’s why we donate our time to organizations in need. And why the company earmarks at least 10% of profits for philanthropy.
O.C. Tanner earmarks at least 10% of corporate profits for philanthropy. “Giveability” is one of the important ways we measure success.
Corporate causes close to our hearts:
- 44,000 complimentary tickets given away each year to locals to attend the Tanner Gift of Music, a two-night concert series featuring the Utah Symphony, Mormon Tabernacle Choir and guest soloists.
- The Tanner Lectures on Human Values, an endowed lectureship at Oxford, Cambridge, Princeton, Harvard, Stanford, Yale and the Universities of Utah, Michigan, and California, was established by Obert C. Tanner to “contribute to the intellectual and moral life of mankind.”
- We’ve donated more than 40 fountains as corporate gifts, fountains that now beautify the landscapes of schools, hospitals, parks and universities around the country.
Community causes close to our employees’ hearts:
- Habitat for Humanity
- Meals on Wheels
- Primary Children’s Hospital
- National MS Society’s 150-mile Bike Event
- United Way—O.C. Tanner doubles each contribution
- Utah Food Bank
- Breast Cancer Care/Prostate Cancer Charity (U.K.)