Doing more with less.
O.C. Tanner helps companies grow. Yet for growth to be sustainable, we do all we can to minimize our impact on the environment. We constantly work to reduce air and water pollution, eliminate hazardous waste, and increase recycling. And we inspire others to live green by seeking environmentally sound partnerships with vendors.
O.C. Tanner has reduced Volatile Organic Compounds by over 89.9% in the past four years and virtually eliminated particulate matter and hazardous air pollutants.
It’s working. Here’s our environmental commitment:
- 100% elimination of extremely hazardous chemicals
- 92.5% reduction in toxic trash
- 5.52 tons less air pollution
- 89.9% reduced VOC emissions
- 88% less waste water down the drain
- 5 tons of sand per year saved by reusing it in our blasting process
- Donation of used computers to local public elementary schools and used furniture to colleges and non-profit charity groups
- Reuse vendor packing materials from product shipments received daily
- Paper, cardboard, pallets, plastic, batteries, used containers and drums, brass, steel, cast iron, aluminum, EDM wire, tool steel, oils, antifreeze and coolant, flammable liquids, E-waste, and glass
- We recycle kitchen grease into bio-diesel
- Composter provided to provide green nutrients for employee vegetable gardens
- Use our own refined raw materials to refabricate precious metal alloys. This allows us to reduce our dependency on natural resources and lower gold stock inventory levels by 65%
- Built raised vegetable gardens on our property for employees to grow and harvest their own vegetables and herbs
- Notice board located at employee entrance displaying green news and tips
- Appreciation buttons with green messages that are part of the company’s peer-to-peer recognition program