Use these meaningful quotes for employees to show your true gratitude for your people.
Zig Ziglar said it best: “You never know when a moment and a few sincere words can have an impact on a life.”
This quote hits right at the heart of employee recognition. In fact, when asked in a recent survey, job seekers across the globe listed “appreciation for my work” as the number one attribute that is most important in a job.
But sometimes it’s difficult to find the words that fully express your genuine appreciation. That’s why we’ve created a comprehensive list of inspirational quotes (sorted by subject) to help you pick the perfect words every time.
1. I am constantly impressed by your performance. Thank you for your hard work!
2. Thank you for using your remarkable talents and skills to fuel our mutual efforts.
3. I’m amazed by how you maintain your performance while taking on even more work. You’re a superstar!
4. A reliable employee is the best gift a leader can ask for. Thank you for being someone I can rely on.
5. Your excellent performance is an inspiration to all. Keep up the great work!
6. Your hard work and dedication is an example to everyone on our team! Thank you for being your best every day!
7. It’s a great relief for any leader to have a team member who manages themselves. Your effort is deeply, deeply appreciated.
8. I’m so grateful for all of your hard work. It definitely hasn’t gone unnoticed!
9. Only an exemplary employee inspires his boss on a daily basis. You are that employee. Thank you for setting such a great example for everyone in our company!
10. Your dedication to your work is helping lead us to success!
Teamwork and collaboration
11. The perfect employee lifts others up instead of pushing them down. Thank you for being a positive influence!
12. I’m so grateful that you always take the time to help your coworkers. It’s really made our team come together.
13. Thank you for being such a team player. We wouldn’t be the same without you!
14. Your unique perspective adds so much to our team. We’re so grateful to have you with us!
15. Team members are always talking about your hard work and helpful attitude. Thank you for being such an amazing role model!
Project and goal completion
16. Your hard work and commitment helped us complete our project on time. I’m so grateful to have you with us!
17. Thank you for going above and beyond to help us achieve our goal. We wouldn’t have made it without you!
18. Your extraordinary attention to detail took this project to another level!
19. You did a fantastic job helping our team reach its goal. Thank you for setting such a fantastic example!
20. Our project wouldn’t have been the same without your invaluable insight and creativity!
Wonderful workplace attitudes
21. The office is a happier place with you in it. Thanks for the laughs!
22. I love that you always come to work with a bright smile and a fantastic attitude!
23. Your sense of humor makes coming to work an absolute delight. Thank you for keeping our spirits high!
24. You never fail to make everyone’s day better when you’re here!
25. I’ve noticed that you always make an effort to encourage your coworkers. Thank you for being such a positive force on our team!
26. You’ve been crushing your personal goals lately. Awesome job!
27. I’m so happy that your dedication has paid off in a big way. Keep up the great work!
28. Your enthusiasm for developing your talents is truly inspirational.
29. Watching you strive to improve has been an inspiration for both the entire team and me. You’re amazing!
30. You’ve worked so hard to get where you are. Congratulations on your well-earned reward!
Anniversaries and milestones
31. It’s been so great working with you this year. I look forward to many more years to come!
32. You never do just a good job when you can do a great one. Thank you for the time and effort you put into everything you do!
33. We’ve made it to another employee appreciation day—and it’s just another chance for us to express how grateful we are for your first-rate work!
34. From day one, your work has always been amazingly high quality. So thrilled to have you with us!
35. I don’t know how we could have made it through this year without you! Happy workplace anniversary!
The little things
36. The office kitchen is always spotless after you’ve been there! Thank you for keeping it so clean.
37. I’m so grateful that you’re not afraid to ask questions! It helps me be a better leader.
38. Your desk is so beautifully decorated! It always brightens my day whenever I walk by it.
39. I love that you make such insightful comments during meetings. It makes my job a lot easier!
40. Thank you for always being the first to clean up after game time (I won’t thank you for always beating me at Uno though!).
Hopefully, these quotes have ignited your imagination and inspired you to use your words to appreciate your employees. If you need more inspiration, here’s a step-by-step guide to writing an employee appreciation letter and a list of motivational recognition quotes to power your culture.
Check out our 5 Culture Trends for 2021 and see how you can be prepared to help your employees thrive, no matter what new challenges may come their way.
Your browser is out of date and may not be able to properly display our website. A list of modern browsers is below; simply click an icon to go to the browser's download page.